Location: Cassis (France) | Duration: Permanent | Qualification: Automotive, mechanical engineering Degree | Department: Service
Due to our growth and expansion, we are now seeking for an OEM Field Service Engineer.
Directly reporting to our Service Director, you will be responsible for :
- Technical support to distributors and dealers within designated area.
- Travelling to OEM’s, distributors, dealers, and machine locations to assist in the diagnosis and repair of Baudouin engines.
- Starting up and commissioning of diesel engines.
- Troubleshooting and field repairs.
- Assisting in the inspection of returned engines and parts to identify failure mode.
- Testing and evaluating engine and system performance in the field as well as in the service shop.
- Reviewing failure analysis results and exercise judgment in determining if claims are warrantable.
- Handling of warranty claims for designated customers.
- Investigating service complaints, proposing and discussing follow-up recommendations with the supervisor and implementing them.
- Identifying problem trends, summarizing problem history and providing guidance on resolution.
- Maintaining external contacts with customers by telephone, e-mail and personal visits for their service requirements, warranty handling, returned goods and to provide relevant product support.
- Maintaining internal contacts with sales, engineering, spare parts, production and other members of service department for coordinating complaints, modification projects, product service and warranty activities.
- Supporting and supervising field testing, field campaigns, repairs of transport damage and incomplete deliveries when required.
- Supporting distributors in establishing, expanding and improving quality of their dealer network.
- Supporting training activities for customers, distributors and dealers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Troubleshooting and repair of diesel products.
- Portable diagnostic tools Volt Ohms Meter, CAN bus or any other type of related diagnostic tools.
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel an average of 50% domestically and internationally to support customers, distributors and dealers on site.
- Flexible and hands-on approach with customer.
- Strong communicator.
- Written and spoken English. Additional languages are a plus.
- You must be eligible to work in France.
- Driving License – light vehicle.
- Associate degree or 2-year technical certification/degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience (automotive, mechanical engineering). Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a technical / diagnostic role for a manufacturer, dealer or service shop supporting, Marine, Heavy-duty or Automotive equipment.
Baudouin is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Baudouin to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Maybe you mean: '(EN)_Primary_Footer' or '(EN)_Network_Slider' or '(EN)_News_Slider' or '(EN)_Bright_Sparks_Slider' or '(EN)_Join' or '(EN)_Home_Slider'